Below are the Terms and Conditions related to rental of any space in The Dover. If you have questions or concerns about anything related to our Terms and Conditions, please contact us before submitting a reservation request. Thank you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full payment is expected at time of booking for all rentals (except Sanctuary rentals and weddings).
- Date-Hold deposits of 50% are required at the time of booking for Sanctuary rentals and weddings, and all date-hold deposits are non-refundable. The balance of your Sanctuary or wedding rental fee is due 25 days prior to your event.
- Other payment arrangements are available but must be discussed with The Dover’s management.
- Cash, check, and PayPal are accepted.
- No event rental fees will be refunded if cancellation is 25 days prior to an event, as your agreement to rent The Dover on this date may cause the loss of additional bookings or business.
- If your event (excluding Sanctuary rentals and weddings) will last longer than the four (4) hour standard event time, please make arrangements for additional time.
- An additional $50 security deposit is required for all one-time events and will be returned if facility is in good condition after your event.
- If event goes beyond prior agreement time, there will be a charge of $150 per hour.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- Reservations may be made no more than two years in advance.
- You will receive email confirmation of your booking along with a copy of your signed Contract Agreement and Invoice. If you have not received confirmation 14 days after booking, please send an email inquiry to TheDoverCenter@gmail.com.
- Be sure to discuss with The Dover Management your table and linen selections before your event.
- A signed Contract Agreement is required at time of booking.
- Event time in Community Hall/The Dover Dive is four (4) consecutive hours. Additional hours can be purchased if necessary.
- Reservations are subject to the discretion of The Dover.
- The Dover reserves the right to terminate rentals at its discretion, but such cancellations will only occur with reasonable cause.
- Special arrangements need to be made for events beginning after 8 p.m. or lasting past midnight.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 25 days prior to event.
- Date-Hold deposits (required for Sanctuary and wedding rentals only) are non-refundable.
SITE DECORATION AND FACILITY USE POLICY
- We want every event at The Dover to be a special experience, so every effort will be made to allow you to decorate as you desire for your event. However, no nails, screws, staples, or other penetrating items are to be used on our walls, floors, or ceiling; only Command Strips or a similar type of product is allowed if it is necessary to adhere decorations to the wall.
- You may not bring highly flammable, explosive, or toxic materials on site.
- Glitter, rice, or confetti is not allowed on site.
- No illegal substances or acts are permitted at The Dover.
- No smoking of any kind is tolerated at The Dover.
- You will be responsible for paying for any damages to our facility incurred during your event (both labor and material), and if damages are extensive, you will also be responsible for lost revenue if the facility must close for repairs.
- The Dover reserves the right at its discretion to expel anyone who, in its judgment, is intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or who shall, in any manner, do or participate in any act jeopardizing the rights, use permit, or the safety of its staff, guests, or building contents.
- Security cameras are in place and monitor all areas of the building.
- Food preparation is NOT allowed at The Dover. Food must either be provided by a caterer OR must be carried in and kept warm in Crock Pots or on the warming unit at The Dover.
- The Dover does not provide dishes, glassware, pots, pans, knives, or utensils.
- Check with us about recommendations for caterers at The Dover
SEATING - TABLES AND TABLE LINENS
- Both round and/or rectangular tables are available for your event. (Seating at rectangular tables is limited to 90 guests.)
- You may provide your own table linens. However, many tablecloth colors and styles are available at no charge for events with less than 50 guests. For events more than 50 guests, only ivory and black tablecloths are available at no charge. Other colors and styles of tablecloths may be purchased from The Dover. Additionally, cloth table toppers and cloth napkins are available to purchase.
- You may hire a bartender to serve alcohol at your event OR you may bring your own alcohol. Drinking responsibly is strongly encouraged and taken seriously at The Dover. The Dover will make every effort to accommodate guests’ needs while observing the state laws of Ohio.
- Renter agrees to ensure alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner.
- Alcohol must not be taken outside of the facility.
- The Dover reserves the right at its discretion to expel anyone who, in its judgment, is intoxicated.
- Renter may not serve alcohol to minors on the premises at any time.
- Check with us about recommendations for caterers at The Dover
- Please be aware The Dover is located near residential housing. Loud music must end by 8 p.m. on weeknights (Sunday through Thursday) and by midnight on weekends (Friday and Saturday). In the event the renter’s event creates a disturbance due to high noise volume, The Dover has full authority to ask the renter, DJ, or live music presenter to turn the entertainment down and/or off.
ENTRY AND EXIT
- The Dover staff may enter and exit premises during your event.
- The Dover will be in a clean condition prior to your event. Within one (1) hour following your event, you are required to return the space to the same clean condition and all of your items must be removed from the facility.
- Trash must be bagged and put in one location.
- Linens provided by The Dover must be removed from tables and placed in one location.
- If the space is not left in good condition and warrants additional maintenance, custodial fees of $25 per hour may be charged.
LOST AND FOUND
- The Dover takes no responsibility for personal effects during events or left on premises after an event. We do maintain a “lost and found” and will hold recovered items up to 30 days after attempting to return any recovered item to its rightful owner.
A PDF of the Terms and Conditions can be read and printed for your files here: The Dover - Event Rental Terms and Conditions.